Coronavirus Information and Safeguards
The Facts About COVID-19
COVID-19, more commonly known as the Coronavirus, has caused a global pandemic. Right now, we know that your first priority is keeping you and your loved ones safe and healthy. That’s why we’ve made it our priority to help you do that in every way possible.
For more information about how we are handling COVID-19, click here to read a letter from our President, Nick Mego.
The Coronavirus primarily spreads through virus-containing droplets from coughs or sneezes. These droplets can travel through the air and bring the virus with them, meaning that there is the potential of airborne transmission. Furthermore, airborne infectious particles can stay in the air long enough to settle on the grills, ducts, and fans of your HVAC System. In the interest of keeping your home as virus-free as possible, we’re providing essential HVAC services to keep your family’s air supply clean.
Keeping Your Heating and Cooling Systems Virus-Free
All Temperatures Controlled, Inc.’s certified HVAC experts have a variety of solutions available to keep the air your family breathes safe and sterile. These solutions include:
- Ionization fixtures that decompose allergens and pathogens that get trapped in your system, keeping it safe and sterile.
- Upper-air UV-C fixtures that destroy harmful microbes in the air. 99.9% of microbes are killed in their first pass through these systems, and your air supply will be further purified as it continues to circulate.
- High-efficiency filters are commonly used in healthcare facilities to keep harmful particles out, trapping particles as small as 0.3 microns in size.
All our clean air solutions can be installed in a matter of hours, with no major work needed on your existing systems.
Our Team Is Committed to Keeping You Safe
We know that you want to keep your family isolated from as many disease vectors as possible. Our technicians always take every possible safety precaution to limit your exposure as we provide you with efficient, quality service. We make every effort to complete our work as quickly and cleanly as possible to minimize risks, without diminishing the quality of our workmanship or customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions About Covid-19
- What are my best options for keeping my home clean from COVID-19?
- The CDC has recommended that you increase the cleaning schedule in your home, paying special attention to high-touch surfaces like light switches, doorknobs, and tables. When you think of your list of high-touch surfaces and items, don’t forget about household electronic devices like remote controls, phones, and tablets. While experts have not determined whether COVID-19 can survive on laundry, it is recommended that you wash your sheets and pillowcases regularly. Even the most vigilant among us could still contract the illness, and if that happens, it’s good to remember not to panic. Most cases will only have mild symptoms.
- Someone COVID-19 + was recently in my home. What do I need to know about my HVAC equipment to be safe?
- You can keep your HVAC system and your household safe by increasing the cleaning schedule of your HVAC system. If you are cleaning your air ducts once per year, consider adding extra cleanings into the rotation. Additionally, you should pay more attention to your indoor air quality. The best way to keep your HVAC clean is to purify the air your system processes. Particles and droplets from COVID-19+ residents and guests in the air can be treated with add-on HEPA filters and UV-C whole home in-duct air purifiers.
- How long can COVID-19 live in my home?
- How long COVID-19 can live in your home depends on the surface. It can live up to 3 hours in aerosol form. This form would be the particles from a sneeze, cough, or powerful exhale. It can live on the copper surfaces of coins, jewelry, or brass fixtures for up to 4 hours. The virus increases to as much as three days on plastics and stainless steel.
- Fruits and vegetables – Researchers have stated there is no risk of COVID-19 passing through food.
- Clothing and bedsheets – If you are the caretaker of a sick person, the CDC suggests that you do not wash the clothing and sheets of people who are sick.
- Are my pets at risk for contracting COVID-19?
- There is currently not much information about pets contracting COVID-19, but many scientists have opined that it is highly unlikely. Until more information is available, it has been suggested that pet owners should enforce stricter hygiene practices around their animals. Always wash your hands after playing with your pets, feeding them, handling their waste or belongings. Talk to your veterinarian if you are worried about your pet’s health.
- Are there special filters to combat COVID-19 spreading through my home if I have a sick family member?
- There is no straightforward answer to this question. We are still learning about COVID-19. Given what we do know about the particles and droplets associated with the virus, it appears low-efficiency filters do not trap the virus or prevent its movement. Low-efficiency filters are those with less than MERV 8 or less than ePM2.5 20%. A high-efficiency filter can remove COVID-19 sized particles, but current research is still unclear about exact recommendations and specifications.
We want our loyal customers to feel as safe and secure as possible as they stay isolated during the ongoing crisis. Send us a message or call us at (818) 924-3350 to discuss possible safety measures you can take to keep your HVAC system clean and virus-free.
I highly recommend All Temperatures Controlled to all business owners and homeowners.- James W.
I have used ATC for several years and they do reliable work and are professionals. I would and HAVE recommended them to friends!- Sue Brace
Great service, knowledgeable, easy to talk with. Fixed our unit, gave it a cleaning, and done! I would definitely call them again! Thank you Travis!- Ruth G.
Great Customer service. Our technician Travis is professional and courteous. We have used ATC because the previous owners of our house used them and I have no plans to change. Great work!- Anne-Marie B.
I have used ATC for longer than I care to remember and have always been 100% satisfied.- Chris C.
I have been happy with all of their work and have recommended them to friends and family. They are fantastic!- Kelly B.
They even refused to collect payment the first day of work and wouldn't until the job was done. Thanks ATC for saving me from the impending summer heat!- K.W.
Again, thank you again for making this right. Looking forward to working with you in the future.- Amy A.